Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas favourites



Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone had a great day and enjoyed Boxing Day yesterday. I was very grateful for my presents and had a nice day with the family. I thought I would do a post on some of my favourite presents I got this year whilst I'm meant to be studying (completely unmotivated, as usual). 
Mostly it was just topping up my favourite daily makeup, but I was also given some new Chanel eyeshadow and Eyeko mascara (that I will properly review when I get home). And as I am currently writing this, it has just started snowing!

1) MAC Liquid Eyeliner - this has been one of my favourite eyeliners I've ever tried after my mum bought me one back in September. Before I wasn't at all bothered about eyeliners, but after constantly buying cheapo ones and they were smudging away I knew I had to buy a decent eyeliner. I haven't tried their other liner products (the pencil, pen and gel) however, this is very easy to apply and perfect for achieving the cat wing look. Most of all it doesn't smudge off! Mine ran out a couple of weeks ago and resulted in using the Rimmel Gel Liner which I don't particulary like using as the line isn't defined and looks wobbly, even if applied with an old liner brush.

2) Eyeko Black Magic Mascara - when it comes to mascara, am I very fussy. After being dissapointed with the Benefit They're Real! Mascara I was promising this would be better, and it's definitely a lot better! My eyelashes look super long and the brush is curved so it is easier to apply, and is also much easier to get off without ripping your lashes out. I'll write a proper review later.

3) Chanel Perfection Lumière Foundation - After I had finished the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation, I was given a sample of this at Frasers not long after covering a shift there. I used it the next day and my skin felt great - it has excellent coverage and also SPF 10 so my skin felt moisturized - so I was very happy to have received the 30ml for my Christmas!

4) Korres Face Primer - My mum bought this during the summer and after stealing some I decided to ask some for my Christmas. I feel my makeup lasts the whole day, and as it is enriched with Vitamin E my skin feels moisturized and protected - it also smells great too!

5) Chanel Illusion Ombre Eyeshadow in 84 (Épatant) and 83 (Illusoire) - I will properly review these shadows later, but these are the party colours. It is very creamy and sparkly - perfect for a night out. I feel they don't rub off and stay put for the majority of the night. 

6) Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce Cologne (only available online or from the US) - One of my past boyfriends from high school had this and fell in love with the scent. I couldn't find it anywhere (bar online) and even at airports whilst on holiday so I gave up on it years ago. One of the girls in work wore it this summer and I instantly remembered it - again paying for a fortune for postage from the US, I ended up just buying little samples from a retailer on eBay from somewhere in England. After opening this on Christmas day, my mum had said that one of her friends was going on holiday to New York so she gave her money to purchase me a 50ml bottle that I am incredibly happy with! 


tumblr / instagram: xamycb / twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment